Waffle.io and the Hackshop Playbook for Brigade Projects and Events
Waffle.io is a lightweight project management solution for GitHub. Simple and free to use, Waffle.io is becoming increasingly popular amongst Code for America brigades, civic technologists, and teams embracing open collaboration.
At this year’s Code for America Summit, our friends at Waffle.io announced the Hackshop Playbook – a toolkit for helping you create more impactful hackathons. By following a step-by-step process based on design thinking and lean startup practices, the Playbook guides teams to solve the right problems for the right customers.
The Hackshop Playbook was piloted at the N.C. Open Data Hackshop in September. Now it’s ready for you to try out and co-create with the Waffle.io team.
All Brigade members and guests are welcome to join the online forum to get a walkthrough of how to use Waffle.io for your projects and events. Waffle.io is a product from Rally Software, which recently became a part of CA Technologies. Rally/CA Technologies is the Brigade network’s primary sponsor and provides Waffle.io at no charge.
When: November 5th, 9am PST
Who: Code for America, Rally, Waffle.io, and any Brigade members who want to run better civic projects
Where: Right here
- Introduction of speakers
- Walkthrough of Waffle.io
- Examples of teams using Waffle.io at CfA, Brigades and government
- Introduction to the Hackshop Playbook, including examples of how it’s being used
After GHangout Summary
Code for America Examples
* https://github.com/codeforamerica/networkplatform - Meta repo to talk about cross repo projects
* https://waffle.io/codeforamerica/communities?search=ondrae - Big team separate project board.
* https://waffle.io/codeforamerica/communities/cards/562562861f14e13300f4fcf7 - Card for this discussion today.
Code for Denver Examples
Code for Raleigh Examples
* https://waffle.io/ChrisTheDBA/NCConnects.Net - Hackathon winning example of the playbook
Email to get Waffle Swag